Updated 6/11/2020 – Church Opening Guidelines Update
Church Opening Recap
- Regular services will resume June 14 and all services will resume to the normal schedule
- All Sunday School classes will resume on June 14
- Children’s and Teens Sunday School class will conduct grade promotions until after camp
- Preschool and primary church will be held in the teen room
- Children’s Church and Junior Church will be held in the gym
- Teen Church will be held in the fellowship hall
- Wednesday nights, there will be King’s Kids and Teen Service
- June 20 – Soul Winning times will resume
- June 21 – Choir practice will resume
- June 28 – The Bus Ministry will resume
Updated 5/26/2020 – Church Opening Guidelines
Updated 3/21/2020 – From the Desk of Pastor Johnson
We are aware of the recent shelter-at-home edict by the Governor of California (click here for a summary review). In reality much of what we have been doing as a church and individuals has not changed and we will continue to hold all our services online.
The services will be held at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m. on Sundays and 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. We are working on offering Teen and Children’s services online if the current situation continues.
We have begun an encouragement program for all our Seniors (60+-) where we will be able to have our youth sing encouraging songs and bring help to our Seniors. Bro. Becker will contact you to schedule a convenient time for the encouragement team to by your house. Although we believe this will be a blessing, you do not have to have the young people come by and sing for you. Rest assured they will not come into your house, nor make direct personal contact. While they are there, if you need groceries or if there is something we can get or do for you, please let them know. Please do not feel you have to feed them or offer treats; they are there to be a blessing to you, not take from you.
We had also set up a Cabin Fever Club for parents with children to use the gym, unfortunately this recent edict has eliminated that.
We are here to help you, please let us know what we can do and be sure to call the office if you have a need. Please continue to call the prayer line each day and watch the services online. Thank you for responding in your giving, many have mailed in their giving, many have stopped by and others have used the online resource to give, what a blessing to see such faithfulness! God Bless, this will pass and we will actually be able to see you in person soon!
– Pastor Johnson
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Shasta Baptist Church at this time. We are actively monitoring the virus situation around the country and in the Shasta County in particular. The Governor of California has issued restrictions regarding public gatherings. These restrictions limit the number of attendees to between 35 and 100 people. Due to this updated moratorium, we are implementing the following:
1. All church services will be livestreamed only for the following three weeks. (Sunday, March 15; Sunday, March 22; and Sunday, March 29 as well as Wednesday, March 18; and Wednesday, March 25). There will be no public gatherings at the church during those regular service times.
2. All services will be held at their normal times, including Sunday School, Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday Bible study.
3. The livestream services will be held at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m. on Sundays and 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
4. Buses will not be run during those three Sundays.
5. We would like to encourage our membership to continue to support our church by sending in their tithes and offerings online or via regular mail to the church office. If you choose to pay online, please bear in mind there is an additional 3-5% surcharge when payments are processed online. If you choose to mail your tithe, please send it to: Shasta Baptist Church | 6600 Westside Road | Redding, CA 96001. Also, if more convenient, you can bring your offerings to church and drop them off between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Please understand that these drastic measures are meant for the health and safety of our church family and the general public. We look forward to resuming our regularly-scheduled services when deemed appropriate. Our trust is in the Lord as we implement these policies over the next few weeks.
For more COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates, please call the prayer line at 530-246-3584.